EB-5 Application Process
Step 1. Investor signs and makes payment
Step 2. Outside the United States
- I-526E application submitted and approved (processing time 12-18 months)
- Fill out the National Visa Center form and make the payment.
- Case transferred to a U.S. embassy or consulate abroad.
- Medical examination/Consulate interview/Immigrant visa approval.
- Enter the U.S. and receive a temporary green card (valid for 2 years)
Step 2. Within the United States
- Submit I-526E and I-485 simultaneously.
- When there is no ‘visa bulletin’ backlog, applicants can simultaneously submit their eligibility application (I-526E), adjustment of status application (I-485), work permit application (I-765), and travel document application (I-131), after completing the required medical examination.
- I-526E and I-485 approved/receive a temporary green card (valid for 2 years).
Step 3. Submit I-829 application to remove green card conditions (processing time is approximately 2-3 years)
Step 4. Obtain a permanent green card